I’m sure you’ve heard a million times over that a girl’s best day in her life is her wedding day. But I think that would almost be an understatement to how I feel about the day I finally said I do. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel nervous when the day came. I felt ecstatic and my dad and I were laughing down the aisle because he admitted to me he was more nervous than I was. Though I was feeling super anxious a few days prior with all of the things that could possibly go wrong, I accepted that I couldn’t control anything further I was still going to marry the love of my life if something didn’t go as planned. (Plus any last minute problems were now assigned to the help I hired, and she made sure my day was perfect). What might have shocked me more than anything is that at the end of the night, every single thing I planned went as expected. I can’t thank every single person involved in our wedding enough to have made our dream wedding a reality. View Full Post
There’s a lot to think about when you’re getting married. You’ve got to think about who you’re inviting and then work out the venue based on this. Then once you’ve sorted this, what are people going to eat? How will you get to the venue? Do you want an nj limo service? Or a horse-drawn cartridge? Even deciding the theme is a big deal! But there’s one time you can forget all of this, and that’s your bachelorette party! And, my goodness, I was going to make this day last as long as I could!
For my bachelorette, I told my MOH (Maid of Honor) that all I wanted was sand. I wanted to be on the beach somewhere. We didn’t have to go to Miami, or the Bahamas, I just really wanted to hear the ocean. So I and four of my girls went to Tybee Island, Savannah Georgia. I would say so far it’s been one of the most memorable experiences of my wedding process thus far! Planning a bachelorette party with your friends doesn’t have to be expensive, especially as you’ve got the wedding to look forward to and the money you’ve spent on that big day. It’s all about having fun and being able to create memories with your friends. Looking for inspiration on what to get the bride to be for her bachelorette party? It may be worth checking out 40 Chic & Classy Bachelorette Gift Ideas She Will Love for some inspiration. With all this being said, as long as you have a great time, that’s all that matters! But I’m sure they’ll appreciate the gifts too.
Living in New York, I often make the joke that anyone that lives here needs therapy. The constant bustle (that I love), competition, life, and general anxieties- they all add up! Which got me thinking about self care tips that I use all the time and throwing a next level bath might just be the self care you need to try. View Full Post
There are so many blog posts and magazine articles about things that brides are TIRED of hearing but there are also things that Bride’s adore hearing! Here are my top ten things that Brides love hearing!
- “I am SO happy for you!!” Obvious but it still feels amazing to revel in your joy with a friend or someone you’ve never met.
- “You and _____ make such a wonderful couple. I know how much you love each other.” (This is what the entire wedding should be about, how much you truly love one another. I love it when people remind me they see it too!)
- “How is work/school/sport?” (It might sound strange but sometimes I just don’t want to talk about my wedding. I know. Totally nuts. It can be easy to forget that there is more to life than weddings when you’re about to have one. I always appreciate when anyone asks how the REST of my life is coming along!)
- “What can I do to help?” (Being a bride is extremely overwhelming at times, and even though she probably won’t take up your offer to help it feels good to know someone cares enough to ask. <3 )
- “Would you like me to come to your _____ appointment with you?” (This is one of my favourite things anyone can say lately because there are so many meetings, appointments, fittings etc. and especially when family isn’t close, having friends around for support means the world!)
- “Where are you registered?” 😉 (Self explanatory)
- “I can’t wait to be part of your special day!”
- “I love your choice of ______! It’s so beautiful and unique!” (Even though a bride is confident in her personal touches for her wedding, it still feelings ah-mazing when someone else recognizes all the extra effort you put in!)
- “I know of a great app/site/person that can do ____ for less!” (Everyone knows how incredibly expensive weddings are/can be, and if someone finds a great deal and wants to share their tips and tricks with you- it’s even better!)
- “I wish and pray for a long life of happiness together”. (This is the thing that can bring a tear to my eye no matter who says it. Giving your well wishes to a couple who is about to embark on a new journey together is truly the greatest gift you can ever give a couple.) <3
Shoes: SOMA link here https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopSoma?ref=pr_shop_more :))
I wore this particular outfit to Naeem Khan, which was the show I was most excited for this season. I’ve been very excited to see his work for this year so I wanted to put together something special to wear that day. I take a lot of care in what I choose to wear; always ensuring my entire look fits together and describes how I am feeling in that moment. I carefully hand select the vintage pieces I find, restore them to good health, and wear them with pride. The morning before the show, I even made a special appointment with my good friend Heather Schnell to curl my hair in a retro style.
After the show I had asked the lovely couple next to me to take my photo – which they were kind enough to do – even complimenting my outfit in the process. Which is why, during their quick snap, I was so surprised to hear from behind me:
“Wow. That girl looks like vintage furniture. I guess everything gets recycled.” If you’re looking for fashionable furniture, check out these wooden Tv stands.
Fashion is all about expressing yourself. If and when you dislike something that someone else is wearing – and it will happen – it’s important to remember that the things you say are not just harmful, they are rude. I said nothing while my outfit I had worked on for weeks was torn apart in seconds. I knew I felt good in what I was wearing and I wasn’t about to feel bad about it because someone else thought it resembled “furniture.”
So here’s to all the women who choose to wear colour instead of the ubiquitous NYC black, and for stepping out bravely in something totally unexpected.
Here’s to the women that choose not to follow every trend; that wear what makes them feel their absolute best and reflect what they feel. Not what everyone else is choosing to embrace.
This NYFW I learned that when you stay true to yourself and your personal style, wonderful things can happen. After all, fashion is all about expressing yourself. Even if you decide next season to go as a shag carpet.
Thank you for noticing my personal style WWD.
CAPE: Vintage 60’s
FAUX FUR: Imposter 4 U
YELLOW CARDIGAN: Vintage 50’s Cheerleader
DRESS: Vintage 70’s
DRESS 2: Glittery Topshop
BEADED HANDBAG: Vintage (date being researched)
SPECIAL THANKS TO HEATHER SCHNELL XX