I’m sure you’ve heard a million times over that a girl’s best day in her life is her wedding day. But I think that would almost be an understatement to how I feel about the day I finally said I do. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel nervous when the day came. I felt ecstatic and my dad and I were laughing down the aisle because he admitted to me he was more nervous than I was. Though I was feeling super anxious a few days prior with all of the things that could possibly go wrong, I accepted that I couldn’t control anything further I was still going to marry the love of my life if something didn’t go as planned. (Plus any last minute problems were now assigned to the help I hired, and she made sure my day was perfect). What might have shocked me more than anything is that at the end of the night, every single thing I planned went as expected. I can’t thank every single person involved in our wedding enough to have made our dream wedding a reality. View Full Post
There are so many blog posts and magazine articles about things that brides are TIRED of hearing but there are also things that Bride’s adore hearing! Here are my top ten things that Brides love hearing!
- “I am SO happy for you!!” Obvious but it still feels amazing to revel in your joy with a friend or someone you’ve never met.
- “You and _____ make such a wonderful couple. I know how much you love each other.” (This is what the entire wedding should be about, how much you truly love one another. I love it when people remind me they see it too!)
- “How is work/school/sport?” (It might sound strange but sometimes I just don’t want to talk about my wedding. I know. Totally nuts. It can be easy to forget that there is more to life than weddings when you’re about to have one. I always appreciate when anyone asks how the REST of my life is coming along!)
- “What can I do to help?” (Being a bride is extremely overwhelming at times, and even though she probably won’t take up your offer to help it feels good to know someone cares enough to ask. <3 )
- “Would you like me to come to your _____ appointment with you?” (This is one of my favourite things anyone can say lately because there are so many meetings, appointments, fittings etc. and especially when family isn’t close, having friends around for support means the world!)
- “Where are you registered?” 😉 (Self explanatory)
- “I can’t wait to be part of your special day!”
- “I love your choice of ______! It’s so beautiful and unique!” (Even though a bride is confident in her personal touches for her wedding, it still feelings ah-mazing when someone else recognizes all the extra effort you put in!)
- “I know of a great app/site/person that can do ____ for less!” (Everyone knows how incredibly expensive weddings are/can be, and if someone finds a great deal and wants to share their tips and tricks with you- it’s even better!)
- “I wish and pray for a long life of happiness together”. (This is the thing that can bring a tear to my eye no matter who says it. Giving your well wishes to a couple who is about to embark on a new journey together is truly the greatest gift you can ever give a couple.) <3
Shoes: SOMA link here https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopSoma?ref=pr_shop_more :))
For many years now, the wedding dress has always been in my mind- the dress. It’s the dress you hope your grandchildren admire in tastefully framed photos lining your mantle. It’s an embodiment of love, and a symbol of utter joy to most. Whether you buy one from somewhere like Winnie Couture Bridal, or you rent one out for the day, you’re wedding dress is very special. Tossing in these very iconic ideologies on bridal gowns, AND someone who works with couture fashion every day and you have a recipe for a lot of fittings. View Full Post
Tiny little sneak peek of our engagement photo shoot.
Photo by Sue Rissberger.