Finding my bridal shoes was something that indimidated me constantly. I take fashion personally on every level. Being a stylist I take great pride in every detail of any outift. You can’t see them at all, so why should it matter. Well, it does. It matters a whole heap of a lot to someone like me who overthinks what shoes to wear to downstairs bodega. The shoes I’m was going to marry the love of my life in couldn’t just be any old pair. They had to be special. And just like the quest for my wedding dress, the hunt for the perfect bridal shoe commenced after the date was set. View Full Post
It’s been exactly one month since I tied the knot! It’s the most amazing feeling being married. Now that the cake has been cut, the champagne drunk, and the gifts opened life has finally started to settle. I always wondered what married life would actually feel like. And I’m happy to report it’s a lot like my premarital life and of course with a kickin’ new last name. Bren mentioned to me casually about six months ago that he would really love a leather jacket. And thus began an insane quest to find the perfect one… Clothing Manufacturers also do their best to provide people like us with the best quality leather jackets. It can be quite hard to find the perfect one, but this is why there is so much choice. There isn’t only the standard black jacket anymore. You can even get red, blue or even white leather jackets now! It’s up to you to make that choice and find a leather jacket that is right for you.
View Full Post
So how many hands exactly worked on my veil? Five. Five hands I love touched my veil. My mother’s, grandmothers, my good friend (and super talented designer) Maria, bridesmaid Christine, and bridesmaid Audrey. View Full Post
I’m sure you’ve heard a million times over that a girl’s best day in her life is her wedding day. But I think that would almost be an understatement to how I feel about the day I finally said I do. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel nervous when the day came. I felt ecstatic and my dad and I were laughing down the aisle because he admitted to me he was more nervous than I was. Though I was feeling super anxious a few days prior with all of the things that could possibly go wrong, I accepted that I couldn’t control anything further I was still going to marry the love of my life if something didn’t go as planned. (Plus any last minute problems were now assigned to the help I hired, and she made sure my day was perfect). What might have shocked me more than anything is that at the end of the night, every single thing I planned went as expected. I can’t thank every single person involved in our wedding enough to have made our dream wedding a reality. View Full Post
There are so many blog posts and magazine articles about things that brides are TIRED of hearing but there are also things that Bride’s adore hearing! Here are my top ten things that Brides love hearing!
- “I am SO happy for you!!” Obvious but it still feels amazing to revel in your joy with a friend or someone you’ve never met.
- “You and _____ make such a wonderful couple. I know how much you love each other.” (This is what the entire wedding should be about, how much you truly love one another. I love it when people remind me they see it too!)
- “How is work/school/sport?” (It might sound strange but sometimes I just don’t want to talk about my wedding. I know. Totally nuts. It can be easy to forget that there is more to life than weddings when you’re about to have one. I always appreciate when anyone asks how the REST of my life is coming along!)
- “What can I do to help?” (Being a bride is extremely overwhelming at times, and even though she probably won’t take up your offer to help it feels good to know someone cares enough to ask. <3 )
- “Would you like me to come to your _____ appointment with you?” (This is one of my favourite things anyone can say lately because there are so many meetings, appointments, fittings etc. and especially when family isn’t close, having friends around for support means the world!)
- “Where are you registered?” 😉 (Self explanatory)
- “I can’t wait to be part of your special day!”
- “I love your choice of ______! It’s so beautiful and unique!” (Even though a bride is confident in her personal touches for her wedding, it still feelings ah-mazing when someone else recognizes all the extra effort you put in!)
- “I know of a great app/site/person that can do ____ for less!” (Everyone knows how incredibly expensive weddings are/can be, and if someone finds a great deal and wants to share their tips and tricks with you- it’s even better!)
- “I wish and pray for a long life of happiness together”. (This is the thing that can bring a tear to my eye no matter who says it. Giving your well wishes to a couple who is about to embark on a new journey together is truly the greatest gift you can ever give a couple.) <3
Shoes: SOMA link here https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopSoma?ref=pr_shop_more :))